Thursday 8 May 2008

8-5-2008 Thursday

London Time: 5.45pm.


Ahh last day of work for the week. Gonna head down to Nottingham tomorrow to sort out my National Insurance Number. And tour around there for a bit. So I guess there's gonna be quite a few photos up here tomorrow.

This is what I had for Dinner yesterday. Its some corn thingy that looks like mashed potatos. But isn't very tasty. There was also a sausage that went along with it. Doesn't look that appealing does it? The sausage was good though.



Well. After dinner yesterday, I prepared lunch for the next day. Basically some pasta with vegetables, and I toasted some cod fish fingers. And of course ketchup.


Then I basically took my bicycle and went down to London Road to meet Toby. He managed to get his bike online for only 10 pounds!! Thats dirt cheap. And he's pretty lucky as well. Heard from him today that he actually lives with 5 other people in a 6 bedroom house. With a living room and a kitchen of course. But only 3 of them are from Rolls Royce. So yea. And he only pays like 230 pounds per month? He says the house isn't that good. But, I don't think I'll mind. Too bad anyways, I've already got this house I'm staying in. So yea. I'll live with it. My house's pretty nice anyways. Consoling myself here.

We cycled down to a park. it was amazing. The weather was nice and well. ALOT of FLIES were flying around. And chatting with him while cycling through a bunch of flies isn't fun. Think 1 or 2 went directly into my mouth. Nasty...

But the scenery there was amazing. You don't get to see stuff like that in Singapore. Its basically a cycling track beside a river, and there's like ducks walking around beside the path. And you can literally see rabbits hopping across. Very cute. Too bad I couldn't take any pictures cause I was on my bike and trying to get to the pub as quick as possible cause the flies were irritating.

When we got to the pub, which was about half and hour later, it was... Different from what i expected. Its basically a building that looked like a big house. And inside was a diner and a pub. We met a couple of people outside and I recognized one of the lady there from the Jet Turbine course the other week.



Toby and I then went in to get a drink. He asked my what I wanted, but I didn't know what to have. But I saw that they had Hoegaarden. So I ordered that. Toby was really nice. He insisted on paying for this round of drinks. And well of course I told him I would pay for the next. Was planning on only having one glass. But since he paid for mine, I thought it was only right if i bought the next round.



So we went out and chatted with alot of other international people from Rolls Royce. It was really fun chatting with those people there cause you get to learn alot of what its like from the other country and how its like working here. So yea. It was good fun. Most of the people from the international society were outside chatting. I've got no idea why they didn't wanna chat inside. But I guess it was nicer outside. The scenery was good... And there weren't much people in the pub anyways.



Toby told me that a few of them were going to the amusement park on the next bank holiday, which was on the 26 and 27 May. And he asked me if I wanted to come along as well. So I told him it should be ok. But I was actually planning to go to London for that holiday anywyas. But I can't seem to get people to go. I didn't really ask though. haha. Just casually popped in the question. But yea. Response wasn't that good. haha. Shall ask Toby if he wants to go on that saturday or not. Hopefully he'll want and manage to get more people along as well.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

After finishing my glass of beer, it was around 9.45pm? Toby asked me if I wanted to get more drinks. And well I agreed cause I thought it was my turn to buy his beer.

But when we got back in, he told me that he was buying for another 2 guys too, so he was paying this round as well. I didn't want him to buy he insisted and said I could buy him next time. So ahh well. He ordered Fosters for me this round and well. It was slightly more bitter than the Hoegaarden.

This was inside the pub.




When it got to around 11pm, Donato told me he was heading back and so I followed him. He's other 2 friends were cycled back with us as well. So yea. We took another path, basically the path along the road, instead of back through the park.

When I got home at 11.30pm, I just parked my bicycle in the house and went up to sleep. Yawns.

And woke up this morning, went to work, did the same testing as yesterday but with a different model. So well the results were quite random. But I was getting a hang of things. And well left work at around 5.15pm? And got home and typed this.

No comments: