Monday 26 May 2008

26-5-2008 Monday

London Time: 8.00pm

Vroom Vroom!!!
British Super Bikes Event at Donington Park!

Andy (the 20 year old Andy) picked me up in his car at around 10.30am this morning! He had SatNav GPS in his car that helped him to find where I stayed at. A friend of his, Patrick, was in the car as well and we were introduced.

During the ride, I couldn't really understand the conversation between him and Patrick cause both their Brit accents were really thick. But I could pick out bits and pieces of what they were talking about. Andy told me that I may need to pay for my tickets cause he was not sure if he could get me in with a free pass. So we stopped off at a nearby cash machine to get some cash. And while we were getting the cash, this fat bloke that looked like he was drunk half the time he's awake (he was sober though) came up to us and asked us if we had any spare change. Andy quickly brushed him off and said 'no'. But he kept telling us that the bus was coming in a few minutes and he had to get to the airport.

When we got our cash, Andy then said to the bloke that was still pestering us, "I've already f*cking told you we don't have any spare change man, what the f*ck is your problem? Here's a quid, leave us alone". So he took out one pound from his pocket and tossed it at the guy and we quickly went back to the car and drove off.

In the car Andy asked me that if there were such people in Singapore. I told him there were, but there weren't many. The SatNav GPS guided Andy to the Donington village. It was kind of an old town village like Chellaston where Mrs Mary's place is at. We drove through the village an into Donington Park.

There were tons of people there! And loads of Motorbike riders in racing gear. Well they probablly wear like this all the time when they are riding. So I don't think they are one of the racers. Andy called his friend and was unable to get the free passes. Bloody hell. That meant me and Patrick had to pay to get in. So we went to the booth and bought our tickets for 28 pounds each. REALLY EXPENSIVE TICKETS. But Patrick told me that the ticket prices was quite average. The expensive ones for other events on other days would cost up to around 60 pounds if a world champion was racing that day. So yeap. Blew 28 pounds on a Motorbike event. It better be good.

The back area of the garages.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

It was really windy around the area, its mainly cause we're actually on higher ground for the event. Walking against the wind felt like you could be blown away. It was THAT windy.

The Garages
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

We walked around the garages where the teams were at and Andy told me to take pictures with the race girls. He asked them for a picture with me and they agreed. So here are the shots. But well. I look quite crap in them cause I had to wear the beanie to stop my hair from flying around and well. The wind was so damn strong I could only have my eyes half open. Wonder how the girls manage to survive the weather wearing only that.

Whoo Whee. ( Andy took the photos. haha)
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

We walked around more and went to certain parts of the circuit. There was more than one event that day and we caught around 6 races for the whole day. So these are just the pictures from the event. We basically walked around for each different race to the different part of the circuit.




The Grand Stand. ( we didnt' view the event from there, cause you only can see a straight section of the track from there.)
Photobucket

There's Andy and Patrick. ( Andy's the one with his head turned) Photobucket

This was an accident that happened while I was taking a video. Amazing. It happened right infront of us. But the last race was the best. We stood at a 180 degree bend at the circuit. And there were like 3 or 4 accidents on that last race that happened in front of us. Jaw dropping man.


First Viewing Spot
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Second Spot.
Photobucket Photobucket

Patrick trying on a jacket which he later bought for 40 quid.
Photobucket

The shops in the exhibition hall.
Photobucket Photobucket

Another location
Photobucket

Amazingly close to planes landing in the East Midlands Airport just next door.
Photobucket

The Crazy Hairpin where around 4 accidents happened.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

2 Bikes down, was quite serious cause the race had to be stopped and one of the rider was carried off in an aumbulance.
Photobucket Photobucket

Last race.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

After the races were finished, Andy drove me home. I'd say the 28 pounds was well spent. A little ex but yep, don't think I'll ever see this in Singapore.
Enjoy the photos.

Loads of videos but was too lazy to upload all. So here are 2 of them.

Damn, gonna spend around 20 pounds tomorrow for the Amusement park thing. Damn it.

I'm gonna be so broke.

No comments: