Saturday 24 May 2008

24-5-2008 Saturday

London Time: 9.50pm

Ah.. Its the weekend. Turns out only Monday's the official bank holiday. But Rolls Royce Derby gives Tuesday as a holiday for the people working there as well. And I'm one of the people working there. Cool.

And... They don't have bank holidays (to us Singaporeans its public holidays) in the middle of the week. They normally push it to the weekend, so if the official holiday is on a Wednesday, it'll be pushed either to the coming Friday or the following Monday. Lovely isn't it?

Went to JJB sports store during my lunch break yesterday, my supervisor, Andy Payne and my collegue, Andy Newton drove me there, they both aren't actually Andys. Their real names are Andrew Payne and Andrew Newton. And in the U.K they call Andrew, Andy. Weird. And the slang for the currency here is quid. So instead of saying something costs 9 pounds, you can say it costs 9 quid.

So I went to the sports store to get a pair of running shoes for football later (The brits don't like soccer to be called soccer, they call it football. I found quite a nice pair for 9 quid. Then after work we all went for football at the pitch nearby.

It was good exercise, loads of running. And at the end of the day, my toe had a pop-ed blister. Ouch. And I suck at football. Ahh well. At least did some exercise since a long time.

So I'm alone at home again, Donato left for Italy yesterday and won't be back till Wednesday.

No comments: