Saturday 3 May 2008

3-05-2008 Saturday

London Time: 9.17 pm

Woke up in a lazy mood this morning. But at 8am, it was already bright and sunny. So washed up and had my teeth brushed. Then i went online to see if i could catch anyone i could chat...

Managed to talk to a few people throughout the morning. When it got closer to lunch, i decided that it would be a good idea to try and prepare a meal for myself. So i looked around the kitchen, and decided that i would cook that pasta which was something like dumplings with a small piece of minced meat inside it.

After i heated up the water, i got out some of the pasta and dumped it in. Then i got out the frying pan, poured in some olive oil and started frying the ham i bought a few days ago. It smelled really good. After that was done, i got out some lettuce in the fridge and plucked some off and rinsed them under running water.

When the pasta was sufficiently boiled, i drained the water from the pot and basically mixed everything up. The lettuce, fried ham and pasta. And Presto! There's my first Italian lunch. Oh and I cooked enough pasta to last me for dinner as well. Kept the remaining in the pot.




After lunch, i managed to talk to my parents online and a few of my friends as well. Basically spending most of the afternoon just doing video calls. Thank god for the internet.

At around 5.30pm, i got out of the house and began to make my way to Derby City Center. Walking along the street and finally coming to a busstop where i took the bus 44 to the City Center. It cost me 1.70 pounds. Friggin expensive! Shall ask Donato to lead me to the City Center by cycling one day.










When I got there, it was slightly after 6pm. Sadly, most of the shops outside Westfield are closed at 5.30pm. ON A SATURDAY. There is seriously no night life here man. Good thing is that the shops inside Westfield are still open till 9pm.




Inside Westfield, i looked around for a sports shop, hoping to get some waterproof clothes. So i went in Sports World. Its something like Sportslink or World of sports. I asked around for waterproof clothing and managed to find some. Its on offer. And quite cheap. I got the windbreaker for 9.99 pounds and the waterproof pants for 7.99 pounds. They were initially priced at 29.99 pounds and 26.99 pounds i think. So yep it was pretty reasonable. But there went 18 pounds.



I went back to ORANGE to top up another 5 pounds into my prepaid SIM card. Hope that lasts me longer. Then i went around looking for gloves. But apparently they didn't have many to choose from cause its said that they don't sell gloves during the coming summer since it wasn't needed during this time of the year. But they told me i could try the shops outside Westfield. So yep, probablly will try tomorrow.

I looked around for muppets as well. I'm not sure if thats the right name for it, but its basically those kinda slippers that you wear at home? Those soft furry kind. Apparently only Marks and Spencer had it. And it costs 5 pounds for a pair. Which was quite expensive. But i was told to check out the Pound Store. Apparently they may have it for 1 pound. But then again, its closed at this time of the day. So shall try tomorrow.

Took bus 44 back, which cost me another 1.70 pounds. But the driver told me that i should get a day saver. Which was 3.30 pounds and could get me on any bus any number of times i want for a day.

When i alighted, i took the wrong turn and ended up walking the wrong way. Thankfully the people around were nice enough to tell me where Kiwi Drive is. (Its the street towards where my house is.) And i got round a corner shop and bought a bottle of ketchup for 89 pence. Thought it'll make the pasta taste better.

So i got home and took a shower and started preparing dinner again. Basically all i did was re boil the pasta. Dump the pasta into a bowl with lettuce, left over ham from lunch, and ketchup sauce. It tasted pretty much better with the ketchup sauce. Yummy.



And now here I am typing out this post while waiting for 'I Pronounce You Chuck and Larry' to load.

I've done some calculations, and I've already spent 520 pounds. I'm left with 20 pounds. Shit. Gotta change money tomorrow.

No comments: