Wednesday 30 April 2008

30-4-2008 Wednesday

Ahh.. Wednesday. Guess tomorrow's Labour Day for people in Singapore ya? Gotta wake up damn early tomorrow to chat with friends. Then go to work.

Donato's friends left for Italy this morning and he's gonna go back on Friday. So yea. Kinda dread this weekend.

But then again, I'm hoping things will improve when I really start working next Tuesday. Anyways, I've made friends with my groupmates for these couple of days. But they won't be working with me after this course. So I guess it'll be unlikely that I'll see any of them again where I'm working next week onwards. Among them there's Dave, a 22 year old guy from Derby(apparently he's engaged and has just got a house, he's still in University by the way). Catherine and Laurent from France. Catherine's a real math genious. She's been helping me along for the entire course (cause she's sitting beside me) and she completes the questions faster than any of us there. And to my other side is Laurent. No idea how old is he though. But apparently he's just got a new house as well and he drives to work.

The other 2 people in my group are sitting slightly further from me. So I don't really communicate that much with them. There's Alex, who's a real weird guy. He brings this broken ruler and says that it has sentimental value to him. And on Tuesday a couple of people commented on his ruler and he got real pissed. He said he was gonna punch the next person who comments about it. He also brings to work a hand sanitiser to clean his hands once he gets to work. Freak.

The last guy... I can't really remember his name. But he's the only one in our course who's on the Marine side. Basically he's dealing with Submarines. And he can't tell us much about what he does. Cause its sorta like the Government Secret. But he's alright I guess. He's probablly 30+?

Oh and lunch for yesterday was really soggy rice with meat and sauce. That costs me 3 pounds.

And today I had Fries and Sausages. That cost me another 3 pounds. Basically that was what they had. The menu kinda changes everyday. But it wasn't that good. Most of the people here bring their own lunch boxes from home.

Sorry I don't have any pictures to upload yet. But yea will try to take some interesting ones soon.

Happy Labour Day.

I'll be going downstairs to help fix dinner with Donato. Free! haha.

No comments: