Saturday 26 April 2008

25-4-08 Friday

London Time: 6.36am


Ahh darn. Slept pretty early yesterday. Got to bed at around 8pm. And woke up at 6am. So yea. So the plan for today would actually be viewing my new place. Mrs Mary set up for me for the owner of the place to come down and pick me up at around 11 to 11.30am to view the place. So I’m hoping its good. Wish me luck! Well I’m not feeling that bad compared to the day I arrived. I guess I’ve become more familiar with the surroundings and well, getting used to the place I guess? So I guess I’ll last the next 3 months and 3 weeks yea?

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. Had the continental breakfast again in the morning made by Mrs Mary. I ate a small box of cereal with milk, then 2 slices of toast with jam and nutella again. And finally a glass of orange juice.
After breakfast I went back upstairs and lazed around watching American TV shows. Then at around 12pm, I packed my laptop into my bag and planned to go to Westfield Shopping Center to use the WiFi there.

It started raining once I got out of The Manor! So I walked briskly all the way to the busstop and took shelter outside a butcher’s store nearby. Soon after I got there, the rain stopped. The weird thing about people living here is that even if its raining, they don’t really carry an umbrella around! They’d just walk slightly faster to wherever they were going.

When bus 60 came, I went up the bus with a lot of kids around my age. I wonder why don’t they have school on a Thursday. Cause they weren’t in their school uniform. So most likely they didn’t have school today.

Photobucket

A bunch of them got down at Westfield Shopping center and I went to Subway to get lunch. The Subway store was opposite Westfield shopping center. I basically ordered a foot long Terriyaki Chicken Sub and asked the person at the counter to slice it into half and pack one half of it. As soon as that was done, my dinner was settled as well. I put down my stuff at one corner and began munching on half of the Sandwich. It was pretty good, I gobbled it down in around 10 minutes and soon after, I was back out onto the street.

Photobucket

I walked back to Starbucks at Westfield shopping center and asked the person at the counter if there was WiFi there.

“ Oh no, we don’t have our own WiFi here but the entire building has WiFi. But you gotta pay for that one though. You could probably try the Starbucks beside HMV outside on East Street.”

Bloody hell. I thought the lady there told me yesterday that I was able to use WiFi for free there. Feeling damn sianz I asked for directions to the other Starbucks.
It wasn’t too far out, it was just a short walk outside Westfield to get to East Street HMV. As soon as I got there I spotted the reflection of Starbucks on another store’s window plane.
Photobucket

As I got into Starbucks I asked the counter if there was WiFi there. Thank god there was. Then I asked for a power source. She pointed out 2 power sources to me at both ends of the store. But the seats near them were taken. Damn it. So sat down near the entrance and just took out my laptop. Deciding that maybe I could use the internet just for awhile depending on the life of my battery. Thankfully, I was able to hook on to a WiFi service. And got on to the internet. Finally.
Photobucket

Awhile later, a lady and her son got off the seat near the entrance opposite of where I was sitting. I got up and took my laptop with me and went to sit down where they were before they left. I found the power point and plugged in my adapter.

WHOOO I HAD INTERNET CONNECTION AND A POWER SOURCE! WHOOOO.

So I got on to MSN and started doing up a blog.

So basically from 1pm till 5pm I was at Starbucks chatting to family and friends and doing up a blog without even ordering anything from Starbucks.
I felt bad. Haha. But ah what the heck. I shall be thick skinned and not order anything.

Once it got to 5pm, I made my way back to the bus stop to take bus 60 back. Lucky for me the sign said 5 minutes for bus 60 to arrive. Didn’t have to wait long for the bus, I got on and managed to get a seat.

I took the bus all the way back and during one of the stops I saw the same Gangster dude I saw the other day. The one with the leather sleeveless jacket and tattoos. Surprisingly, he got on and was really friendly towards the bus driver. Haha. So I guess he wasn’t that scary after all.

When I got back to the Manor, it was already around 6.00pm. Feeling hungry, I heated up the other half of the Sub sandwich and gobbled that half in no time. Then I had a bar of Kinder Bueno that Candice gave to me.

Some pictures of The Manor:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Yummy.

Think I’m gonna get fat.

Damn it.

Ahh well. Then I took a bath and got to sleep at around 8.00pm.

No comments: