Monday 28 April 2008

28-04-08 Monday

London Time: 6.07 pm

Man i just got back from work. Cycling to work this morning was crazily cold. I was freeezzzzinggg my ass off when I got to work. So yea.

Donato led the way to work today and he told me to get a sort of like windbreaker/raincoat and waterproof pants. In case it rains halfway the next time. Well that's a good idea. But I don't have the time during weekdays to go down and get them. So yeap. Guess I gotta pray it doesn't rain whenever I'm cycling these few days. Ah what the hell. I think I'd just pray for it not to rain whenever I'm cycling throughout my time here.

Its a 15-20 minutes cycle from here to Rolls Royce Research and Development Center. So when I got there, there was this other English guy with a bicycle, trying to get in through a gate. I asked him where I could park my bicycle. And it turns out the gate he was trying to get open with his card was in fact a bicycle shelter. Its basically where you get to park your bicycles outside the building.







So he kindly let me in and he told me that he was going for the Holistic Gas Turbine Induction Course. Which was the exact same course I'm attending. His name was Dave. He happened to be a 22 year old, living in Derby and he's doing something of like an internship as well in Rolls Royce. But he has been here since September. So yea I've got no idea how their universities work there.

When we got in the main door, I approached the reception to ask for a letter Erica Tyson left me. It was a reference letter so that I could open a bank account. After getting that letter, i went up to the third floor for the course.

Basically what I'll be doing this week is attending a course on Holistic Gas Turbine Engine. So yea. Sounds chim?

Well the topics covered were very relevant to what I had studied in AT in NP. Alot of them had to do with Thermofluids and Mechanics of Flight. So yeap. I'm kinda happy that I did listen on to the lectures in class. I asked directions from Dave on how to get to HSBC bank and planned on rushing there during lunch time.

During lunch I went down to the canteen. It sucks. There's no real food there. I got a pre made sandwich for 1.55 pounds. It was just 4 triangle slices of bread with ham. So yea. It sucked. Well I walked and ate at teh same time. Cause i was heading over to the HSBC bank nearby. Its about a 5 minutes walk there.

When I got there I told the person at the counter what I wanted and she got another person to assist me. This lady then took me to a room and helped me open the account.

My break ended at 1.15pm. But at 1.15pm, I just got out of the bank. I finally made it back at 1.25pm though. And thankfully nothing much was covered during that 10 minutes. And I think Dave helped me explain why I was late while i wasn't there yet.

So after work I got back my bike and cycled home. It was that cold to cycle home. But it was slighly drizzling. Damn it. But i managed to get home without getting too wet. Actually i wasn't that wet at all.

There wasn't anyone at home though. I've got no idea where Donato and his friends were. SO yep I'm alone at home typing out this entry.

Here are some pictures of my house.


Thats the back yard...


The kitchen...


The living room...

The Stairs..

My toilet...

My room. Messy though.

No comments: