Monday 9 June 2008

9-06-2008 Monday

London Time: 4.20pm

Ahh.. Its a nice Monday. Its really warm now. Cause I did some exercises in my garden.. Whoooo! Love the sun.. And well the weather here is comparable to Singapore on a Sunny day? Maybe slightly cooler. Too bad it doesn't last long here. The forecast tomorrow says that it'll probably be slightly cooler with less sun. Ah well.

So I went out to town on Saturday night. Well I basically cycled there with Toby. The first place we went was called The Fat Cat cafe bar.

Photobucket

There were loads of women there wearing sashes that resembled the Miss Universe sashes. I thought there was a paegent going on. But... On closer inspection, most of the women weren't good looking. Bleh. And the wording on their sashes was "something something... Hen Night... something something". Toby explained that Hen nights were parties organized for women here. It would be a birthday party, or a bachelorette party.. or somewhere along the lines. And similarly, a party for guys would be called a "Stag Party". Its quite common here to have these parties though. Wonder why it isn't popular in Singapore though...

So we met Robert and Sara in the bar queuing for drinks. They were ordering a drink called Pimms-lemonade. Its basically a light alcohol drink called Pimms mixed with lemonade. So they bought the drinks for Toby and me and proceeded to rest our bums on some seats outside.

Photobucket
There's Robert covering his face and Sara.

Photobucket
Pimms-Lemonade. Took a few sips before the picture was taken.

The drink was really good. You could barely taste the alcohol in it. And they had mint leaves inside the glass with strawberry. Lovely drink to start the day.

So we chatted till Andreas and his friend Andy arrived. Then the others got some wheat beer, its also known as white beer. Since I didn't really like beer anyway, I got some Jack Daniels Coke. This round was on Toby. Another guy, Ralf, from Rolls Royce came down and sat with us with his wife. Small world. But probably the number of people in Rolls Royce make up a large percentage of the people in Derby. So yea. Its not that hard to bump into people.

Photobucket
Ralf and me

I went out of the Fat Cat with Toby cause I had to draw some cash and wow. The city isn't as dead as I thought it would be at night. There were pubs everywhere and music playing at almost every corner. Really nice.
Photobucket

When I got back, we decided that it was time to move on to the next pub. So we left the Fat Cat. It was getting a little too crowded there anyway.
Photobucket
Getting late at Fat Cat

Ralf and his wife didn't join us from this point on though. The rest of us went on to the Frier, also known as Scream. There was a short queue to go in the pub there and they were checking ID. Thankfully I brought my passport with me. While queuing though, there were these women outside wearing some sort of a sexy police outfit. You know, those with tiny white shirts that they tied up at their mid-riff, wearing the police caps and carrying batons. I felt a prodding on my behind and when I turned around, I got a really big shock. One of the women were prodding my arse with the baton! Another one of the ladies were prodding Andy! Of course they were giggling while they were doing it and Toby was laughing his head off. Ahh well. They weren't that good looking anyway. Seemed a to be in their late 20s. But it was a good laugh.

Photobucket
The Frier

However the staff there looked at my passport and was looking at the first page. Which had a picture of me when i was... 7 years old? So he said do you have any other ID? This was hilarious cause he wasn't having a serious tone, he was just casually asking. The Toby and Andreas were laughing cause they said the picture was really cute. So i got out a few other IDs to show him and he was satisfied and let me in.

We got in and it was Andreas turn to get the drinks. I wanted to order Long Island Tea initially, but they only came in a pitcher. So we all got beer instead, Fosters.
Photobucket
Inside Frier
Photobucket
Frier

Photobucket
There's Sara, Robert and Andreas!

Inside Frier, there were a couple of girls in Cowgirl outfits. With cowgirl hats, tiny denim shorts, cow boots and a mid riffed shirt. It was kinda interesting cause you'd never get to see this kinda thing in Singapore. Oh and they had plastic pistols as well.

So after our drinks it was close to 10pm and Toby wanted to go to Scream. Which was a dance club next door. Robert and Sara were pretty tired so they didn't wanna join us.

It was down to 4...

There was a pretty long queue outside Scream, and while we were waiting, Toby was really friendly. He chatted to everyone around him. Just saying random stuff to random people! He'd turn around to these 2 girls who were wearing some sort of a yellow jacket that construction people wore with safety helmet! Turns out they were celebrating the 18th birthday of one of the girl and this was their night out. They weren't pretty. I know I'm mean. Shoot me. haha.

Photobucket
Queuing outside Scream

A friend of Toby came up to him and chatted with him for abit. She was here with her friends as well. But likewise she wasn't pretty. haha.

So after queuing for around 15 minutes, we managed to get in. And I didn't even get ID-ed this time. Yay! It cost us 5 pounds to get in though. But its cheap compared to Singapore.

So we go in and we all just left our jacket's in a lump on a chair beside the door. I know, we don't do this kinda thing in Singapore, but to these guys it seemed pretty normal.

The place was pretty large, its about the size of Zouk's main arena. But it wasn't as crowded. Actually it wasn't crowded at all, if you compare it to Zouk in Singapore. The music playing were generally British radio hits though. I would have preferred a more R&B and Hip Hop genre though.

Toby bought us another round of drinks and it was another glass of Fosters for me. We stood around and danced abit. And just basically enjoying our time. The people here aren't that raunchy anyways. Nothing too obscene happened that I could see. So it was basically nothing much interesting. But it was good to just dance!
Photobucket

The guys then wanted another round of drinks and it was my turn to buy them, so I got myself Jack Daniels Coke again while they got Fosters. We danced around till it was around 1.30am and Toby thought it was time to go home. So me and him bid goodbye to Andreas and Andy.
Photobucket
Notice the crazy dude in front of me. LOL.

When we went out, I asked him if we could rest for a bit before cycling back. He told me that he wanted to show me the other places as well. So we walked along and went to Coyote Wild. Its another dance club and I didn't get ID-ed when I got in. So another Yay! It was pretty empty by the time we got there though. And we just danced abit more and left.

I didn't really bother noticing the last place that we went though. But it was pretty empty as well. So we went back soon after.

And I cycled home. Its fun doing it when your tipsy. haha.

Got home at 3pm and slept.




Scream!

No comments: